Comments

3-comments

Midnight cycling in coastal route of Mumbai


This  was my second midnight cycling in Mumbai and this time, I explored the coastal route of Mumbai.

For the last two months, I had been having a hectic schedule at work. Life had become monotonous which  prompted me to do something different.  After all what really matters in the end are the experiences and memories that last a lifetime.

The ride started from Nariman Point and ended at Bandra Bandstand. At 10.30 pm,  as communicated, I reached in front of Oberoi Hotel. There was a large group of cyclists ready to leave as they awaited few of their members. As all group members arrived, we left Nariman point after a set of instructions from co-ordinators. Unseasonal showers and drizzle brought down temperatures and the ride was really enjoyable.

As I cycled by the adorable Queen's Necklace, I could see the queen wearing the necklace of white LED lights. At night you can see the people of Mumbai admiring it’s beauty and chilling with hot Chai from sellers on bicycles.


The 35kms ride had halts at Mumbai's famous tourist hotspots like Girgaon Chaupati, Haji Ali Dargah, Worli Sea face and Siddhivinayak temple. The best part is the ride through city roads when most people would not imagine doing something like this. You can watch people enjoying Mumbai night life. Some people ride their bikes at full speed while others stand on the top of the car,  enjoying the weather.

Siddhivinayak temple


All my work  tension and  worries seemed non existent  for those 6 hours that I cycled through the coastal route of Mumbai. The feeling cannot be expressed in words. Of course, exploring this beautiful coastal route of Mumbai, is a unique experience .

0 comments:

Post a Comment