Comments

3-comments

Midnight cycling from Bandra to Juhu Beach, Mumbai

This was my third Midnight Cycling in Mumbai and second through the coastal route. I had  earlier a 35 km ride from Colaba to Haji Ali and a 35 km ride from Nariman Point to Bandra. And this time 30 km ride to and from Bandra Station to Juhu beach and is ideal for enthusiasts, novices and families alike.

Bandra Station, Mumbai

At 10.00 pm Saturday night, as planned, I reached Bandra station and collected my cycle from a nearby shop. There was a large group of cyclists ready to leave as they awaited few of their members. Most of them were busy with selfies and I also joined  them. As all the members collected their cycles,  we left from Bandra  by around 11 pm after a set of instructions given  by the group coordinators.


The route mainly follows busy roads of Mumbai city.  We passed through Lilavati Hospital and Mount Marry church. I got a magnificent view of the Bandra-Worli sea link road while passing through  Lilavati Hospital road. 

Soon we reached Bandra Band stand .  It was around 2 am Sunday and we had a long halt for about half an hour. I saw Mumbaities enjoying even in the midnight -  friends, lovers and  families with their small babies were seen  roaming, enjoying sea waves and the weather. We spent around half an hour with selfies, group photos and snacks.

Then we moved to Juhu Beach through Carter Road - Pali Hill - Zig Zag Road. We assembled in a small ground near Citizen Hotel and spent half an hour for photos, chatting etc etc.

Then we cycled  back to Bandra Hill Road and returned our cycles. After saying goodbye to each other, I reached Bandra Station by around 4.17 am. And my train to Churchgate was at 4.17 am.


0 comments:

Post a Comment