Comments

3-comments

An evening stroll through the Sagar Upvan at Colaba, Mumbai


I walked along Shahid Bhagat Singh Road on my way to Sagar Upvan. It is lined with restaurants, cafes, shops and market bazaars - that makes the city tourist friendly. Then I turned from Shahid Bhagat Singh Road to Dumayne Road to enter Sagar Upvan. Spread over 12 to 14 acres, Sagar Upvan aka BPT Garden was  a Garbage dump yard in the year around 2000.  Located behind Colaba bus Depo, the garden is maintained by the Mumbai Port Trust.


The stroll took me past lush green lawns, many potted flowering plants, a glass house, a stone plaza and a cactus house. The garden is filled with various kind of trees -  banyan, palm, bamboo and blossoming flowers.  There are boards displaying the common name as well as the scientific name of every tree. The garden has many sections: Rock Garden, Cactus Garden, Sea-Shore Point and plant nurseries. The rock garden has an interesting landscape.


Overlooking the sea, crowds stroll at Sea-Shore Point and relax on the benches under trees to enjoy the cool evening.. Here crowds gather together to enjoy leisure time.

Blossoming flowers are seen in huge varieties and few Cactus too around the clean walking tracks and green lawns. 

When the dusk began to hover over the garden, I had the chance to experience the garden in the golden hour. Lucky for me, it was a picture perfect day and I was able to enjoy for few hours wandering around.  I hope you enjoyed the stroll. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment