Comments

3-comments

A walk through Kamala Nehru Park and The Hanging Gardens

Old Woman's Shoe at Kamala Nehru Park, Mumbai

After visiting Mani Bhavan, I took a cab to Kamala Nehru Park which is located in the posh area of Mumbai Malabar Hills. I could not postpone visiting this place for a later time since I would be released from my current assignment on 12th and might have to leave Mumbai soon. In the end, we would be judged and keeping this in mind, I always work and live to my satisfaction.

Soon I was in Kamala Nehru Park. I had entered through the open gates. There was a huge old woman's shoe located inside it.  I stood infront of the shoe structure to take a photograph.  I could see kids trying to climb on the shoe and some of them even climbed to the top through the dingy steps inside the shoe. I have always been a kid and  I was trying to run away from that kid for the last several years but now trying to get closer to him.

I walked again. The pathways were nicely laid out with a couple of pergolas and benches, several lawn areas and lots of trees and shrubs.

I stopped at a viewing gallery from where I got  a spectacular view of the Chowpatty, Marine Drive and Nariman point.

View of Marine Drive from Malabar Hill
 
Just opposite to Kamala Nehru Park is the Hanging Garden which is a terraced garden and is made on a  water reservoir. I  crossed the road. My plan was to take  a quick walk, and then to go home. There were many people inside the garden.  The garden is situated on a slight elevation on Malabar Hill and  is a favourite spot of Mumbaites. 

Topiary art is displayed in  animal and human shapes cut into hedges which  make this spot unique.  The garden is covered with numerous trees, shrubs, and an array of colorful flowers.  I spent  some more time there as I had no haste to reach home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment