Comments

3-comments

A walk through paddy fields


It was two days off from my work. I drove to Chelakkara to spend the weekend with my family. Our house is situated at Pangarappally which  is a small and picturesque village just 1 km from Chelakkara town. Paddy fields, vegetable cultivation and abundant greenery surrounded by hills makes the village very beautiful.

It was refreshing to see blankets of rice paddies stretching across the landscape behind our home. I wore the traditional mundu and T shirt and walked through the muddy path covered by grass. That  kindled memories that flashed through my mind.  Born and broughtup in Paruthipra village in Shoranur,  our house is also surrounded by paddy fields and a pond in the midst. I used to walk with Ammamma through the muddy path in the morning. It was there where I learnt swimming in the pond.  It was there where I joined  school  for the  1st standard in the near by LP school. It was there where  I grew up writing alphabets on the slate and sung the national anthem.   I turned nostalgic.

I spent most of the time outdoor with my camera.The house was surrounded by trees. I am happy simply to be in the  midst of trees, grateful for the clean air, birdsong and all the green.  

We spotted  a Giant Malabar squirrel sitting on a branch of a coconut tree.


In the evening, we visited nearby temples. Anthimahakalan Kavu, a famous Siva temple is at a walkable distance from our house. Lord Siva in the form of 'Anthimahakalan' is the main deity .

Thus, two days passed. It was time to go back to Kochi. In just two days, the eye strain, the result of hours spent in front of a computer, was all gone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment