Comments

3-comments

Areeckal Waterfalls

Two weeks back, when I went for the Chimmini trek, I missed the Choorathala Waterfall and a bath beneath it since there were no rains. However, since then the State witnessed heavy rains. I was looking for a one-day outing with family, and so decided to visit Areekal Waterfalls, near Kochi.

We set out from Kochi in the early hours of the morning, fully prepared and thrilled by the journey ahead. The distance to Areekal from Kochi is about 40 km and takes around one hour to reach. And of course, I could have a joy ride in my new car with an amazing view of nature and rubber estates on both sides of the road.

There were two entrances to reach the waterfalls. If you are selecting first entrance through Top Station , you have to descend around 100 steps to reach the base. I took the second route , through View Point , to reach the place. Entry fee is Rs.20 per head. There were heavy rush in the spot. When I asked to the lady in the counter about the daily  rush, she replied that there were days when two thousand tourists visited the place.

We were already listening to the rhythm of the waterfalls as we were getting closer. A concrete footpath with metal fencing conveniently led to the falls. When I reached the place, I saw the beautiful view of the 100 feet waterfalls cascading down with layers and layers.

I clicked as much to get the full view of the falls. It is pleasant to stand down the falls by watching nature at its best  as the water falls and water sprays all around.

Then was  the time for bath. The was a small pond formed beneath the falls. I jumped into the pond without changing my dress and moved towards the falls. The water was cold. One of my friends helped me to climb a little above the falls and we sat and enjoyed the falls.


After spending enough time, I came out of the falls. There was a small shop selling tea and snacks. I had tea and snacks, well deserved especially after a long bath under the waterfalls. There are changing rooms to change your clothing.

Spent some time to see the beauty of nature and listen to the music of water and store those wonderful scenery in mind.

A well-deserved weekend outing with family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment